Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2015

IndigoBlu July Challenge - Precious Metals

I am very pleased to announce that I have been invited by Kay at IndigoBlu to be a member of the Challenge DT!

This is my first inspirational piece for the blog challenge and the theme this month is Precious Metals.



The card is 8x8 - my favourite size to work on. I have used a sheet from the Emporium of Curiosities mixed media pack, a lovely shabby chic set of papers. I painted it all over with a watery Goldfinger which becomes translucent and because of the resist of the paper means it takes on the colour but the design still comes through. This was mounted on a lovely chocolate brown miri card and cream card.

Juliet was stamped on a piece of card which had been painted with Goldfinger into which I added a little mix of Iced pink Gem and Postbox Red which gives it a slightly pink colour.. Again this was mounted on the same chocolate brown miri and cream card.

All the card edges were distressed then a few bits of ribbon and embellishments from my stash to finish and I know just the person who will be getting this for her birthday!

Please come and join in the challenge and don't forget to visit my teamies blogs too.

Happy Crafting!












4 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne, I too love working on 8x8 cards. I love the vintage feel to your card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have used the papers, there's going to be a lucky birthday girl! Kay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful - I adore the background - so very pretty and it all works brilliantly together xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful - I adore the background - so very pretty and it all works brilliantly together xx

    ReplyDelete