The latest PaperArtsy challenge is "Niches" - what a lot of possibilities this opens up.
I have a few of the mini metal 'pill' boxes in my stash and decided to resurrect a technique I learnt a long time ago on a workshop using Adirondack Alcohol inks. The method involves dabbing the ink onto metal with felt dabbers which gives a lovely mottled effect.
The wording is done using peel offs and electricians tape. Once the lettering was in place I cut the tape to fit the box lid, covered the letters and used a paper stump to push the tape between and around the lettering. The alcohol inks were then pounded over the top then with a drop of blending solution on a kitchen towel rubbed the alcohol ink from the lettering.
For the inside of the box I cut a length of double sided patterned 12 x 12 cardstock and concertinaed it to fit inside of the box. A separate piece was used to line the lid.
|Lid of box with Grandchildren's names|
Next stage was to put the photos in place and decorate the strip back and front.
|One end of the strip was glued to the base|
|A loop of ribbon at the top for pulling it out of the tin.|
Hope you like it. The most difficult part of the project was reducing the photos to fit the box lol!