I'm really pleased with the end result. I used scrunched up tissue to define the sky at the top and the grass at the bottom which I applied with Gel Medium (matte), I coloured using the Eco-Friendly acrylic paints. Using stencils and moulding paste I created the crown and floral flourish and painted these using the Eco-Friendly acrylic paints. I used cordinations paper for the flowers and the branches which I sanded down. The flowers were made using spiral dies. The large yellow flower was made by scrunching tissue paper and dictionary pages which I had sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer Mist and glued together. The white flower was hand painted and I added a flower button in the centre to finish it off.
Grunge paper was used for the birds, bird cage and the bracket. I finished my canvas off by using jump rings, steam punk jailers keys and pearls.
I am going to use this for a future workshop so watch this space!
A few competitions:
craftyourpassionchallenges - Anything but a card
allsortschallenge - Anything but a card
creativecardcrew - Handmade flowers
paperplaytime - Anything Goes
cottagecrafts.ie/fashionablestampingchallenges - Handmade flowers
craftsandmechallenges - Anything Goes
craftuscrazy - Anything Goes
paper-craftingjourney - Anything Goes
creativecraftchallenges2 - Anything but a card
shellysimagesblog - Anything Goes
dreamvalleychallenges - Distressing
pollycraftchallengeblog - Distressing
makeitmonday - Anything Goes