Pages

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Paperartsy Challenge - Shiny Stuff

The new Paperartsy Challenge format has inspired me to start entering challenges again. Leandra's video brought back lots of happy memories of the retreats we did with her and Lin at Warrington. So sad when they decided to stop but hey I suppose all good things must come to an end at some point. 

The current challenge is Shiny Stuff  and as treasure gold is my most go to medium this was right up my street.

A couple of weeks ago my husband's cousin sent a photo she had found of him and  his two sisters when they were little. The younger sister died when she was 3 or 4 and the older sister in her mid 50's so the photo was quite nostalgic for him especially as he hadn't any photos of his younger sister. 

As a surprise I decided to use the photo (copy of it) in a project and this is the finished canvas.



The 7 x 5 canvas was covered in white gesso, some grunge paste stencilling and then painted with Fresco Chocolate Pud. More stencilling, this time using Fresco vintage lace. the photo was mounted onto burlap which was frayed and the pulled stands were glued onto the canvas for texture. I used  lace and assorted embellishments some of which were painted with Chocolate pud or Vintage lace and a few left bare. Lots of treasure gold was used to highlight some of the elements and raised areas.

I hope you like it - more importantly my husband certainly did!







5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful way to show off such a precious family photo x hope you are inspired to enter more challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the neutral shiny colour. A great keepsake

    ReplyDelete
  3. You canvas is oh so beautiful and most certainly a precious remembrance...
    I bet your husband was very touched.
    You have created a family heirloom!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absoulutely wonderful! Love what you have done with this - it really appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh its gorgeous Joan!! Great to see you! Lin and I miss the AC weekends too!! Thanks for joining in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete