Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Anything Goes #53 Challenge - Stitching real or faux

The new challenge at Anything Goes is stitching either real or faux. I made this card for my grandson's 2nd birthday - not that he was interested in the card - just his new toys! His mum keeps all the cards so maybe he'll appreciate it when he's older lol.

The stamp is a Molly Bloom stamp available from The Craft Den and the papers were freebies which I have had for ages. The netting is builders scrim which I embossed with a gorgeous blue embossing powder - very effective I must say.  I used the same embossing powder to triple emboss the chipboard letters and number. I added some blue raffia from my stash and the happy Birthday sentiment. Really pleased with the result even if Ben wasn't impressed!

I have entered this card into the following challenges:

ooh-la-la-creationschallenges.blogspot.com/ Stitching real or faux

9 comments:

  1. oh hun just adore this card totally love that scarecrow and love the layout on this just brilliant hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Joanie, love the colours, Gaynor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great little boys card, it is lovey. The stitching is great and all the papers compliment the coloured image. Great trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Joanie loving that scarecrow.. Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh very cute hun....so love the gorgeous colour and super image...

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous! I love the fun image and the stitching! I'm sure he will appreciate it some day :)
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a super-sweet card!

    love the image and the papers!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fabulous love the image and backing papers..Thanks for sharing with us at OLL.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just fab Joanie! Really lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete