The latest PaperArtsy challenge is "Niches" - what a lot of possibilities this opens up.
I have a few of the mini metal 'pill' boxes in my stash and decided to resurrect a technique I learnt a long time ago on a workshop using Adirondack Alcohol inks. The method involves dabbing the ink onto metal with felt dabbers which gives a lovely mottled effect.
The wording is done using peel offs and electricians tape. Once the lettering was in place I cut the tape to fit the box lid, covered the letters and used a paper stump to push the tape between and around the lettering. The alcohol inks were then pounded over the top then with a drop of blending solution on a kitchen towel rubbed the alcohol ink from the lettering.
For the inside of the box I cut a length of double sided patterned 12 x 12 cardstock and concertinaed it to fit inside of the box. A separate piece was used to line the lid.
|Lid of box with Grandchildren's names
Next stage was to put the photos in place and decorate the strip back and front.
|One end of the strip was glued to the base
|A loop of ribbon at the top for pulling it out of the tin.
Hope you like it. The most difficult part of the project was reducing the photos to fit the box lol!