Pages

Tuesday 12 May 2015

IndigoBlu Retreat Projects

Hi there, today I thought I would share the projects we made at a recent IndigoBlu retreat. 

I have been to all the Indigo retreats  since Kay starting doing them a few years ago. The first couple where held at Stephens Park but subsequently they are held at Indigo HQ.


The retreat is 3 days of painting, inking and generally having a great time with like minded people - of course people can opt just for one day or two if they so wish. Its actually called a secret retreat as we don't know what the projects will  be until we get there, the idea behind it is that some people may be put off thinking they wouldn't be able to do the project. However, all things are achievable with lots of help from Kay and even some of the other ladies. 

Here is a picture of all the projects I did over the 3 days:

All 4 projects

 Day 1 was clay mosaics, I stayed in my comfort zone with my favourite blues. All the materials are provided but a lot of the ladies (myself included) always tend to bring a few odds and ends from their own stash. Of course we also made some embellishments with the clay using some of Kay's moulds.

Mosaic Art
Each 'tile' was stamped to create texture and embellishments were baked into the clay. perfect pearls were dusted onto the baked tiles and then glued into the back of a deep display box .


Day two was a 12 x 12 canvas project which had a detachable frame. We started by creating texture using stencils and texture paste. Once this was dry  the canvas was painted with  Banana Custard, Hot Cocoa and  Burning Bonfire in two lines then dry brushed in the white areas.

Caitlin

These are not my usual colours so a bit out of my comfort zone but so pleased with the end result. Will definitely be using this colour combination again!
I stamped Caitlin onto one of the new papers from IB and decided not to paint her as I liked the effect of the paper. Finished off with a varity of embellishments - aren't those dinky jigsaw pieces cute? The frame was coloured used Metallic Copper and Hot Cocoa.

Our final day was two projects. The morning project was using the new papers which are also resist, this was painted with watered down gesso and then we used thicker gesso for the runs..

Born to be King


The chair reminded me of a throne and as the dinkie stamp Aloysius has a crown on his head I stamped him in the corner, decoupaged his crown and added some gems to it. When I got home I distressed the edges, mounted it onto brown card the edges of which I also distressed, some frayed hessian and then onto an 8 x 8 canvas box.

The afternoon project was a small framed canvas. I had brought some mount board TH sewing room die cuts with me and decided to opt for a sewing theme. I have just taken over another spare room for my sewing so this would be nice to hang in there.

Sewing Room

 I used Pink Iced Gem and to create another two shades of pink added Pantry White and Postbox Red, the lightest at the top graduating to the darkest at the bottom and also on the frame. Using phatt foam, flitterglu was dragged and dabbed over the canvas and frame and silver  megaflakes added. This colourway is so way out my comfort zone

Did you know that the spool and buttons stamps from IB's In stitches fit the Sewing Room buttons and spool dies? Neither did I until doing this project!!

Right I think I've waffled long enough, hope you like my projects. We had so much fun, can't wait until the next one!

Thanks for looking in.

Take care x





No comments:

Post a Comment