Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Our house in the middle of our street

My entry for the PaperArtsy challenge this canvas but I have used the inside instead.

Our house in the middle of our street



I have had the TH Alterations die Artful Dwellings for some time having bought it in a sale then I heard Madness singing their song "Our house in the middle of our street" and the idea for this project began to form!

I covered the frame with torn dictionary pages and then painted them with Brown Shed, then toned it down with Irish Cream and stencilled over with Brown Shed.

Some houses were die cut with corrugated card or plain card and each painted in different colours and stencilled, embossed or stamped, I also used granite paste on the one of those in the front.

The tree and Bird on a branch are Tando die cuts. The "leaves" are an actual ribbon which I cut and glued to the tree to create a tree in leaf.

The fence was a buy about 3 years ago which I forgot about until I started searching in my stash for something appropriate to make the fence. This only goes to prove crafters' excuse when we  say - it will come in useful!!

The words from the song were stamped and stuck to the fence along with handmade roses. The 2 at the top is significant for several reasons - we live at number two, there are the two of us, I have two children and I have two grandchildren!

Thanks for stopping by.

Take care

4 comments:

  1. This is so creative Joanie! Love all the textures and shapes , it's a treasure to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab textures and beautiful colours, hope you have somewhere to hang it that it will be seen and admired x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The layering, trees, fence with roses, and houses.....just fabulous!! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh it looks wonderful! Love that granite paste stuff on there too. Great with all th. E lovely textures!,

    ReplyDelete