Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Ladies of Fashion

Hi there, I have been playing in my Dylusion's Art Journal with the Dylusions paints and sprays and was inspired by one of the chapters in Dina Wakley's book and this was what I came up with. 

I just love how all the colours work together.



Ladies of Fashion.

The ladies are all stamps from Crafty Individuals which were a present from Lynn at the Craft Den, Sheffield when I was one of her challenge DT members. Sadly, the blog was closed down but Lynn's shop is still going strong.

Firstly, I sprayed a piece of watercolour card with crushed grape, vibrant turquoise and bubblegum pink then cut four squares and used the offcuts for the facing page.

The pages were painted and stencilled with Dylusions paints and then stamped with various stamps to create a background for my watercard pieces.

The ladies, from CI 323 and 285 sets,  were stamped, embossed, coloured in then cut out.

This was my first double spread in this journal and I thoroughly enjoyed creating it, the colours are so vibrant - quite a challenge for me as I usually tend towards vintage tones.

I am entering this into the Crafty Individuals challenge 'Anything Goes'

Thanks for stopping by x


4 comments:

  1. Stunning work Joanie. Love the colors. Fab composition. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to see the elegant fashion ladies set against such bold and contemporary colours, it is such a fresh approach with those stamps.
    Thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals challenge for September.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright, beautiful and very fashionable pages Joanie. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge this month. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Joanie, this is fab and a real triumph for a first double page of a journal x

    ReplyDelete